Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day 10: A Ramalosa to Saians

Another very easy day. I think my guide book has an error. Fortunately, I emailed the Albergue last night and got directions from them. The turn off was much earlier than indicated in my book. Instead of 10-12 kms, it was only 8. I suppose that means tomorrow will be even longer than I had planned, but hey, I've done 31 kms before so I should be able to manage 28. 

What a beautiful spot. This is my view from the Albergue. Sunny and 27 degrees at 1:30. 



I didn't expect to be next to the ocean again. But here I am. At the beach!


With the whole afternoon to explore, I headed down to the beach wandering through the neighbourhood on the way. Clearly a well-to-do area with swimming pools and large estates. Unfortunately you don't really get to see much as there are always solid walls around each house. 


As I was arriving back at the Albergue, the church bells were ringing and the door was open. I took this as a sign it was time for me to do the proper pilgrim thing and go to a mass. It is a lovely old church 

and very simple inside. 

And with only a couple dozen older parishners  in attendance, the service went fairly quickly. It wasn't until around communion that I realized I fit right in! LOL!

After getting cleaned up, I walked down to the grocery store where a very nice young woman chatted me up and gave me a big sample of a local cheese called "queso tetilla". It is very soft and mild and will go well with my tostada in the morning. 

On the way home I caught the most fantastic sunset!


Finally a stop in the neighbourhood bar cafe for supper - chicken, potato and salad, I was told. 

I guess bar food is bar food the world over. 

It seems I am alone in the Albergue tonight. It's a small one, an 8-bed dorm with one bathroom. Very new- so new that I'm hoping the off-gasses from the beds don't give me a headache tonight. There are no signs so I don't think many people know about it. Too bad because it is a very lovely spot. I've enjoyed my day and feel very well rested and ready for a big day tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sister dear! I think it is still Sunday where you are. We will all be at the farm this afternoon thinking of you! Hope you are enjoying sunshine as we are under cloudy skies, winds and its pretty darn cool! I think I saw the odd sn*w flake! lol
Love & hugs & with gratitude for YOU,
M

ACB29 said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bar food! Although I don't see any deep-fried anything - so unlike Canada! Temperatures sound wonderful where you are.