Friday, September 15, 2017

Jackets and Wallets and Poles, Oh My!

How does one fit all supplies needed for a two-week Camino into a 26 litre backpack keeping the weight to under 15 pounds? In my case, with a great deal of angst, it seems. 

With no room for carrying multiple options, I'm looking for the perfect fit with every item. As I get down to the final decisions - and the remaining bits of space- it becomes harder to make choices. It can make your head spin, let me tell you!

For example, I am agonizing  over which jacket to take. Should I take the one I have, which will work fine but is a little heavier and takes more space, or should I take the one I just bought for $120.00 that will also work and takes about half the space and is a little lighter? Do I really need a new jacket? No. Except for this one purpose. Is it worth over a hundred dollars to save a bit of space and weight? I don't know. So I waver between the two. I try them on, with and without a fleece. I roll them and fold them and roll them again. I stuff them in the side pocket, the back pocket, the main compartment, trying to find the best place to pack it away but keep it within easy reach.

I could laugh at the rediculousness of it except....I still don't know which one to take! 

And I haven't even touched on the question of what kind of wallet is best!

Or, whether to take poles or not. 

Oh my!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great start to your blog, Amy! You're an excellent writer. Most (or all) of us who have walked the Camino have had similar decision making difficulties. Enjoy your last week of prep!

Amy said...

Thanks Carol. It's good to know it's not just me being anal! LOL! And space and weight win the day - I'm keeping the new one!