Friday, March 4, 2011

End of Part 1

This is the last night of the Kenyan segment of our safari. Everything has been going wonderfully but today we all crashed a bit. The days have been full of all kinds of cultural and wildlife activities. We have visited the Massai, stayed with a Kenyan family, seen lions, elephants, zebras, rhinos, cheetahs, as well as a crocodile with what we think is a lion in its mouth, a cheetah chase a gazelle, a leopard eat a gazelle, and, well the list is just too long to complete here. We will post more complete reports with pictures, but for now, this will have to do.

Tonight we are staying at the Lake Naivasha Resort and it is like a paradise. We had a swim in the pool when we got here which was most welcome after another hot and dusty trip. We had our first rain since we got here but it didn't last long.

Tomorrow we will take a boat trip on the lake and then head back to Nairobi, hopefully in time for Vivian and I to catch the shuttle bus to Arusha, Tanzania. I don't know if we'll have access to the Internet or not.

We are thinking of our friends and families back home and hope you are all doing well and looking forward to sharing our adventures with you.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wonderful to hear from you. Sounds like adventures to treasure for life -- Sounds like "survival of the fittest" is most definitely being illustrated. Swimming sounds wonderful after hot and dustry travels....hope the 2nd part of your safari journey goes just as well!

Kim said...

I can't wait to hear all about the animal stories. Sounds like you've seen all kinds of dramas. I hope you got lots of pictures!
I hope you are both well. I can tell you all you are missing here is cold weather and snow!