Samuel drove us to the Giraffe Center and suggested we might be interested in the Bomas of Kenya, which was not too far away. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to explore the various villages very much. I found it very interesting and Samuel was able to provide some insight into the context, so it would have been nice to have seen more before we headed to the auditorium to watch the dances. The show was very lively and colorful; the acrobat act was spectacular - Wow, what energy not to mention strength and control!
We are now preparing to start the safari tomorrow. I don't know when we'll have access to the internet again so I can't make any promises about our next posting. You can follow the intended itinerary here . Originally there was just Vivian and I on the safari but we are up to 6 people now. We have met all the staff who will be with us: Samuel is our driver, Dimitrios is our cook, and Elija is our guide. I believe we are in good hands. They have all been taking very good care of us here at Rock House. I guess we have to wait until the morning to meet the other travelers.
2 comments:
Gideon says he wants to go to Africa and see giraffes (and you, Gwyneth says). This is so cool to read about your experiences as they happen, and see pics and all! (Gideon wants to say hi.)
Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Auntie Vivian. How are you? I'm good. I have a friend who went to Nairobi. I enjoy reading the blog. from Gwyneth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Auntie Vivian,
I think it would be fun to go on a safari. It's interesting to read your guys' blog. Take lots of pictures for us and then we'll come and visit when you get back:)
Enjoy your time!
From Geneva
Post a Comment