Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Here we come - African safari 2011!

It's hard to believe it is finally here. My friend, Vivian, and I have been talking about and planning this trip for at least two years, if not longer. This time, one week from now, we'll be on a plane heading for London and from there anther flight will take us to our destination, Nairobi, Kenya.

We'll be gone about 3 1/2 weeks with two full weeks of that filled with our East Africa Explorer safari that includes both Kenya and Tanzania. So far we have been very impressed with IntoAfrica, the company we have chosen as our tour operators. We like their fair-trade approach to the business of tourism and the response we have had to our questions has been outstanding. I hope to report later that everything was as good as it seems.

We'll have a few days after the safari to spend at the beach outside of Mombasa. Then we'll fly back to England and spend the weekend in Oxford with my friend Bridget before heading home again.

I don't know how I'll be ready to leave in 7 days, but I will be, and I'll be more than ready for a holiday!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Amy and Vivian -- soooooo looking forward to reading and seeing your adventures. A trip of a lifetime and I will be thinking about you both on your two safaris and beach time as well as visit with Bridget in England. Take lots of pictures and treasure those memories -- I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! love Carol

Mona said...

I'm so excited for you ...and for me too as I'm planning on visiting Africa vicariously through your adventures!!! LOL

Hope the first leg of your journey has gone well and you are enjoying your brief 'down time' in Jolly Olde England before continuing south.

Eagerly looking forward to your posts. Hugs to you both!
Mona
Mona

Mona