This past summer I joined the Skyline Hikers of the Canadian Rockies for a week of day hiking in the backcountry. This year their camp was at Sunset Pass in Banff National Park. I didn't train as much as I had hoped and it showed! I mostly went on the easy day hikes, which were lovely. My pace was slow, but I could have gone all day!
So when I came back and came across the Cuso Challenge 2020 - a 9-day adventure trekking to Machu Picchu, how could I refuse?
Hiking to Machu Picchu has been on my bucket list for a while. I knew they controlled the numbers of people on the trail and that I needed to go with a group, but I wanted something more than one of the many 4-5 day tour packages. Going with Cuso provides me with a few extras on the trip plus, I can support a good cause that gives back to the region. It felt like this was the time to do it!
The challenge is two-fold! I will need to do some serious training to be in shape for the trek itself. I also need to raise $4,000, which is something I can't quite imagine doing.
I've committed! Now let the work begin.....

2 comments:
Congratulations Amy on setting another bucket-list goal! You have talked about Machu Pichu for several years as a place to go and now you are doing it and for a great cause. Proud of you! I look forward to seeing updates about your journey to, in and from this special place. Carol B
Thank you Carol. This one definitely feels like a challenge! I will do my best to keep the updates coming. I'm told we will have wifi for several of the nights on the trip so hopefully I'll be able to post almost daily!
Post a Comment