I haven’t posted since we left for Lisbon. It’s been a very busy few days. I don’t have a lot of pictures as I used my camera instead of my phone most of the time and can’t access those photos at the moment.
Lisbon has been hot (28-32), crowded and just a tad overwhelming for me. We haven’t seen a fraction of the sights but I am glad Duane and I are heading north again tomorrow.
We are staying in a private hostel in the heart of the tourist area, which is very convenient, if congested. This is our street. The hostel is about half way up the hill. What they didn’t say in their description was that they are located on the third floor!
Six sets of steep, dark stairs greet us every time we come home. It’s clean and you can’t beat the location but I probably won’t recommend it.
I’ll save the details of Lisbon for another post.
We met António, Ana, and Andre for a pizza lunch today. What a nice family! We enjoyed ourselves and it was nice to meet Ana and Andre, who I had heard so much about.
Afterwards, I went to the airport with Carol and sent her on her way back home. Funny how one settles into a rhythm; Already I feel her absence.
Tomorrow, Duane and I will meet Karen at the airport in Porto and we will begin the final 10-day segment of my month in Portugal! 🇵🇹
3 comments:
Thanks for posting! I was wondering what y'all were up to!
How wonderful to meet Antonio's family.....and for them to meet all of you. Sounds like Lisbon has been somewhat of a whirlwind. I can imagine that after a day of sightseeing all those steps looked pretty uninviting! lol
Celebrating Noelle's 40th birthday at Taverna Italian Restaurant Saturday evening.....a bright spot in an otherwise less-than noteworthy week. And we've even had sunshine! Supposed to be +11 on Sunday. (Hmmm, we'll see....).
Safe & happy travels Carol/Karen!
Thank you Amy for your decision to be in Portugal this year and inviting folks to join you. Now back in Edmonton, my head is filled with memories of new experiences, great times and treasured moments.
Trip back to Edmonton was smooth and it is actually pretty nice here - thank heavens for the snow having been melted!
I look forward to continuing to follow your travels with Duane and Karen. As the Portuguese say "diverta-se."
May all your destinations when you are ready to rest be only 10 minutes walk (as was said pretty much every Portuguese person who helpfully gave me directions).
Carol
Carol: Happy to hear you are home safe and sound from an uneventful journey....not the vacation, just the planes and automobiles! Hope to hear your stories soon!
Looking forward to more posts......! Amy.....where are you?
Post a Comment