But it makes my departure on Sunday all the sweeter! Just over a year ago, I asked if anyone might want to come and spend a month with me in Portugal. You thought I was joking.
I am indeed off to spend a month in Portugal. And I will be staying in Antonio's house - the house he and I spent hours planning to convert into an albergue. Fortunately for me, that didn't happen and so I get to rent it.
It will be very interesting to see this area of Portugal from a different perspective. I have figured out I would have walked very close to the house on day three of my camino last year. It seems I will be in an agricultural area.
This will be a first for me - staying in one place for a month. I am looking forward to getting to know a little about daily life in Portugal as well as doing some exploring around the northern part of Portugal.
I will be joined by my friends Carol and Karen and my brother Duane at various times over the month. Stay tuned for tales of our adventures!
I will be joined by my friends Carol and Karen and my brother Duane at various times over the month. Stay tuned for tales of our adventures!
By the way, Porto's daytime temperatures are hovering around 24 degrees!
1 comment:
Safe travels Amy. Send us pictures of the sunshine ... please!
Post a Comment