I woke up this morning with absolutely no energy. So despite the clear blue sky and sunshine, I gave myself the option to do whatever I felt like. After all, I said to qualm the faint stirrings of guilt, I have 28 more days to explore. It turned out I needed to sit in the sun, sit in the shade, nap on the couch, read a book, and surf the web. It was a lovely, relaxing day. I had enough supplies to feed myself so I needed nothing. Except, obviously, rest. (Is this what retirement might look like?)
3 comments:
The house looks comfy and inviting...but why wouldn't they have screens if there are mosquitos? Hmmmm....Well, regardless, I am envious!
Glad to hear you took a day to just be....and let yourself catch up to yourself. Hope your walk today brought back memories!
Good that you took a day "off". Just because you CAN jet across the world in a day doesn't mean the mind and body should treat that as a normal thing to do. Pangs of guilt be gone! :-) Have fun exploring.
Thanks for the reassurance. It does seem that it is taking me longer to 'catch up to myself' this time. Or maybe I 'm just paying attention and noticing more. Either way, it's been nice to have the opportunity to respond. It's amazing how knowing I have four weeks here helps to take the pressure off. I think I'm going to like this kind of vacation!
Post a Comment