Monday, December 7, 2009

A Little play, a little work

Well, OK. Maybe a little more play than work, but I did get some work done.

It was my turn to be 'Princess' today so before she went swimming, Kim ( the handmaiden) brought me a latte and breakfast which I enjoyed soaking up the morning sun on our balcony. This is the view I had. The buildings at the Ocean Maya have 8 rooms - 4 up and 4 down. We are on the second floor, which is great. They are all painted bright Mexican colors inside and out. The grounds very well kept and as you can see, lots of palm trees laden with coconuts. I'm keeping my eye open for someone to cut one open for me!

After my relaxing breakfast, I went for a looonnng walk along the beach. The sun was shining, the wind blowing and the beaches were pretty quiet. It was lovely. By the time I got back it was almost lunch time.

Unfortunately on my way back, the seaweed laden waves at one part of the beach obscured a lonely rock that had somehow embedded itself in the sand. I whacked that sucker with my foot. OUCH! Man it hurt. It still does. I can bend it so it didn't break, but it has turned a beautiful purple.

I spent the afternoon with my foot up and a bag of ice on my toe. I enjoyed an iced latte and a conversation with Kim before finally settling down to work. Then I plucked away on my computer, sipped a Martguerita and made good progress in a short amount of time.

I wish work was always so easy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely lovely.......

....And so healthy! Drinking plenty of fluids - especially whilst soaking up all that Vitamin D along with all that exercise - is soooo darn healthy! Wow!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Mona

Anonymous said...

Love reading about your day - sounds wonderful (with a few exceptions - take care of that poor toe). Guess dancing the night away will be postponed for awhile?
Looking forward to more ...
Vivian

karen said...

Love the title of your post. I think evey day should include a little play and a little work. Injuries should be optional, however! I hope your foot doesn't keep you awake at night!

Amy said...

It didn't keep me awake but it got even prettier! I've been trying to take a picture of it but somehow the pictures just don't do it justice:)