Friday, May 1, 2009

Vancouver 2009

Well, what do you know. I'm back. It has been a while, hasn't it? I totally missed posting anything about my 50th birthday trip to San Diego last December. Oh well, I'm here now so ...on with the show.

I am on another adventure with my friend Carol. We arrived in Vancouver today and will be here for about 5 days. We are here to walk the half marathon this Sunday. We've been training hard for the past 16 weeks...NOT! We had a plan to train hard, but we just did what we could. The one thing we did do was do the weekly Sunday walks with the Running Room in Edmonton. Two weeks ago we walked 20 km. The half marathon is 21.1 km so I feel like I kind of know what to expect - and that would be being stiff and sore and spending the rest of the day either sleeping or vegging! What I put my poor body through ;-\

Vancouver is sunny and warm today. And it's green with splashes of colors as trees bloom and flowers grow. A welcome change from the brown and gray dreary colors that still pervade in Edmonton. Of course, the forecast is for rain for the next week so we are going to enjoy it while we can.

No comments: